Thursday, July 17, 2014

Navy & Black

Outfit deets:
* Thrifted top from several years ago (it's one of those poly-blend tops from the 90's that has a boxy shape).
* Banana Republic skirt (thrifted).
* Accessories: Suzy Shier necklace, Deux Lux bag, Material Girl sunglasses & Old Navy bangle.

Hello!  So sorry about the radio silence for the past couple days, I have been a little busier than normal in the evenings the past two days. 

The most exciting of it was attending the Katy Perry concert last night which was amazing.  I'm not a die-hard KP fan, and although her music is fun and catchy, I'm more of a hip-hop / rap / EDM / trap-music lover.  That said, what a show!  Girl can put on quite the performance and ever since seeing her documentary two years ago, I have developed quite the taking to her.  Her concert did not disappoint and it was such a fun evening.  I did take some video so will share that this weekend once I can edit it altogether.

As far as the outfit is concerned, I love black and navy together (here's another super old post wearing the combo).  I know it's not for everyone, but I'm a huge fan of both colours, even separately.  This outfit is fairly simple and plain, but it works for work and the colour pairing is somewhat unexpected which adds a touch of edge.


Photos by Serena Rivard.
SHARE:

3 comments

spiffykerms said...

I have to be honest with this outfit my friend!!

I'm not loving it on you - it's not the colours, it's the cut and style of the fabric and lengths of it all. In that first picture, you look bigger and shorter than you naturally are :( Hope that doesn't come off as too harsh, simply wanted to give you some constructive criticism.

You're a beauty! <3

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Nancy: I totally agree! BAH! It's so strange because in person it felt good, and I didn't want to mention it here, but honestly, I don't feel it's my most flattering outfit. #wahwah

Unknown said...

I'm convinced that these booties aren't just an accessory but an investment. I can't believe how many ways you have been styling them! I'm also picturing them in the fall with your skinny camo pants. Edgy!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig