Monday, September 29, 2014

Weekend Recap: iPhone Snaps

Friday was a gorgeous, sunny and warm day that I spent inside sick.  In fact, I'm still fighting this ridiculous cold that started over a week ago!  Can you believe that?  I went to the Doctor mid-week and she said this new strain of colds are hanging on for up to two weeks, so, it's not uncommon that mine is sticking around.  That said, I'm getting better and better by the day and coughing less and less.  The above photo is a pic of the beautiful sunset on Friday night.


On Saturday morning, this furry girl woke me up super early and since Marco was still suffering from minor jet lag, I got up and then she proceeded to ignore me... unless I left the room where extreme meowing ensued.  And so, we hung out in the sunny living room.



On Saturday afternoon I decided to put on make-up, real clothes--goodbye sweats!--and leave the house for the first time in a week (beside's my Doc appointment).  I took it slow and just poked around Home Sense and Winners and grabbed a couple necessity groceries.  I definitely felt it when I got home and had to lie down for a couple hours although it was really nice to get out.

 More photos after the jump...

I found these stunning leather finger-less gloves at Winners in this amazing olive-taupe colour (also in maroon) for $80 but didn't purchase them (Santa?).


I recently drove by my condo and took a progress pic.  It's definitely getting there but the closing has been pushed back to next Fall (read my last update here).


On Saturday night we went to a friend's place for the first-monthly group Spaghetti dinner.  A friend and I 'came up' with the idea and I didn't want to miss this despite not feeling A1 just yet.  We went and I sipped on iced echinacea tea while everyone else drank wine.  We left before everyone else to get me home to bed but it was definitely a treat to be out.


On Sunday morning I got up and made these two-ingredient pancakes for Marco and myself while he went on a coffee run for us.  I haven't been to the gym in over a week but secretly, it was a nice switch to our usual Sunday morning workout.  

And, I didn't tell Marco these were healthy pancakes and of course served his with syrup, and he loved them!  Man approved ladies, which is amazing because he can be picky with the too-healthy stuff. 


Afterwards, I got dressed and filmed my next PDO video.  It's overdue and although my voice isn't totally back to normal, I was able to film and get it done.  You can see all my YouTube videos here (including some I haven't shared on the blog).


Outfit deets:  F21 top, Sirens skort & Qupid boots.
Then I threw on this outfit and headed to the mall because (1) I was dying to get out of the house again, and (2) a new, huge, Forever 21 just opened at the mall and I wanted to check it out.


I ended up finding several pieces that I'm so excited about.  I went in for the jacket below and ended up finding multiple pieces for Fall (and convincing myself to put a few back too).



I'm in love with this jacket that I had seen on the F21 website.  In store they also had an olive-taupe colour which I tried on but black is my jam so its fate was pretty much sealed.  

I love that the hardware on this is gold because as much as I wear both metals, I definitely favour gold (something I hadn't consciously realized until a couple years ago when my sister bought me a gold necklace for my birthday and said, 'I got you this one since you wear gold all the time').

I picked this up in a size medium and it fits snug.  The sleeves are a tad short on me, which is common with my height #tallgirlproblems but it's thick and warm.


I also tried on this navy bomber at Zara (can't seem to find it online) which I loved but again, a case of sleeves being too short and for something like this, you really can't make a too-short sleeve work.  Additionally, this would be a jacket I'd want to wear daily during the winter so in that case it should be a really good fit and warm (hello -40C).


I spent Sunday evening relaxing with my honey, eating Greek on Wheels, catching a flick on the comfort of our couch.

Hope you all had a great week and here's to a healthier week than last.  Happy Monday! 


Psssst!  Check out what I was doing two years ago today...

SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig