Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Weekend Recap: iPhone Snaps

Hi ladies!  Sorry for the delay, I was totally under the weather yesterday, hence the late weekend recap post.  This past weekend was pretty low key (in comparison to the past couple months) but it was still busy enough but even more so productive (which was so overdue aka cleaning)...

On Friday night I spent several hours cleaning my closet/office room and re-arranged the position of the desk and a few other items (see the full room tour here).  

I'm not someone who tends to change things up much once something has found it's place but I'm loving the desk against the wall; there is so much space in the middle of the room it really opens it up.  That said, it could just be the fact that I can see the top of my desk for the first time in months that has me feeling so refreshed, ha!

Also, several people (including friends) have asked me about my iPad case/pony-hair clutch which I purchased off Etsy last year when I got my tablet.  It was a bit of an investment, but it's handmade, with a leather tassel and lined.  I absolutely love it (and it comes in other prints!).

 More photos after the jump...

I caught up on some YouTube and gave myself a very basic mani-pedi before watching a movie with Marco.


Legwarmers: Aldo (similar) // Leggings: MPG Sport // Pink tank: MPG Sport (love this one) // White top: Smart Set (similar)

On Saturday morning I met up with my girlfriend for Hot Yoga.  It's been over a year since I've been and we did a Power Intermediate course.  I'm somewhat familiar with yoga and did it consistently for a few months in the past and have done Hot several times, so when I think of yoga, I think of something that is somewhat challenging but not a hard core workout.  Well let me tell you, my mind is changed!  The Saturday morning class was so hard, and it was an hour and 15 minutes (brutal!).  On top of that, the next day I was sore in my shoulders, butt, abs and back.  Woohoo!  I seriously have a new found respect for yogis!


Beanie: Garage (similar) // Scarf: Dynamite (similar) // Sweater: Nitrogen // Top: Lulu's // Denim: Chiqle // Sunglasses: Michael Kors (super on sale!) // Ring: Expressions by The Bay (similar)

Later that afternoon, we got ready and headed out to Tanger Outlets, which is a new outdoor shopping centre west of the city.  It opened in October when we were in Barbados and I was highly anticipating it for the Nordstrom Rack which never opened.  I actually hadn't been to check it out so naturally choosing one of the coldest days of the year (-34C) was the smartest choice.  Regardless, I bundled up with my three tops, scarf and hat and off we went (but didn't find anything for myself).


Then we headed out to Score's to celebrate my Grammy's birthday with the fam.


Afterwards, since we hadn't any plans, we decided to stop by the mall on our way home.  I ended up scoring huge at the Zara semi-annual sale which was so exciting.  I have been wearing pants non-stop this winter for work and in need of a couple new pairs to beef up the rotation (I seriously cannot be bothered to wear skirts this year as (1) it's far too cold, and (2) the thought of tights just makes me shudder--such a pain in the butt!).


I ended up picking up two pairs of pants (navy cotton & olive waxed) and a blush oversized sweater for $66 total!  Such a score considering one of the pants were originally $80.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find any of them online so check your local Zara.


Tank: Marika Tek // Sportsbra: Kyoden (want this one) // Leggings: MPG Sport // Headphones: Beats Solo // Gloves: Harbinger (love these)

Sunday morning gym mesh with Marco and some new workout leggings I purchased last weekend that I'm loving.


Jacket: Bench (love this one) // Purse: F21

Post workout shake.


After the gym we did some running around, shopping and had breakfast at the Arrow & Loon which is a pub in the Glebe we like.


Tee: Nike (love this one) // Denim: Paige

Later that evening, we hosted a Superbowl party at our place.  Our friend brought his projector and we had planned to get a screen but couldn't find one and thought the whole plan was ruined until said friend ended up improvising and using this wall in our condo (we removed the art) and it worked perfectly!  It was such a hit and perfect for the 15+ people we had over.


Tons of manly food and plenty of happy Patriots fans.

Hope you had a great weekend and happy February!

SHARE:

3 comments

Unknown said...

Your office/house is beauuuutiful!!xx

Strawberry Shortcakes | Style Blog

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Holly: thank you SO much!!

Melissa M said...

Love the new desk location!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig