Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Weekend Recap: iPhone Snaps

Hi ladies!  I'm so sorry I've been MIA for several days--the weekend got away from me since I was somewhat out of my usual routine as I was staying at my parent's place.  They went away for the weekend so I stayed there to watch our family dog, Peanut.  

Unfortunately, she is getting very old and we don't know how much longer she will be around--her quality of life has really take a turn for the worse over the past year, so it was great to spend some quality time with her over the weekend.

So with that, onto the snaps!



My new shoes came in (you saw the red pair) and I love the black even more.  

These definitely run true to size but are in half sizes.  I'm a size 10 and ordered the 8UK and it's a perfect fit.  The one qualm about these, and experienced with the other pair, is that they rub on the heel of my smaller foot as I walk and create a blister.  That said, sometimes certain shoes just need to be broken in, and I consider these like that.  I'm sure after several wears they will be good to go.  Ultimately, I'm super pleased with my purchased.



I stopped at the condo before heading to my parent's place for the long weekend, to pack and get changed into my gym clothes.



I also dropped off a new addition to our living room: a fabric bucket/basket to hold all of our throws  I wanted something large enough to handle two to three blankets, but also something that looked chic.  I saw this thick, cream-coloured woven basket over a month ago and couldn't stop thinking about it.  I finally went back and scooped the last one up.



Little Peanut--this girl has brought so much joy to our lives over the years.

Friday night was spent enjoying Lone Star take-out with Marco and our friend but I totally forgot to snap any photos (I was seriously hungry!).



The next morning we had our coffee on the back deck--ahh, suburbia...



LULULEMON TANK  |  LEGGINGS  | SNEAKERS (LOVE THE WHITE TOO)

...then headed to the gym.



TEE  |  DIY DENIM SHORTS (SIMILAR)  |  ZARA SLIDES  |  BAG

I spent the afternoon shopping with my bestie for her birthday. 



We grabbed lunch from the grocery store and I tried to keep it somewhat clean with a turkey meatball land a quinoa salad.



Later that night I took Sarah to Next for her birthday dinner.  Unreal service and excellent food--we had a really nice time (also: how amazing does she look for six months pregnant?!).



Then back 'home' to relax for the evening with my little girl.  #spotthedog 



TANK  |  SHORTS

On Sunday morning I met Marco at the gym.





From there we grabbed some breakfast at our new fave spot, The Barley Mow in Westboro.



TOP  |  SKIRT  |  BAG

On my way back to see Peanut I stopped in at Forever 21 and found a few new pieces to spruce up my wardrobe (a couple tops and these leggings).



My parents came home a day early so much later that night, after saying my goodbyes, Marco and I went out for Vietnamese food.



The next morning was supposed to be rainy and gloomy but it ended up being fairly sunny.  We got a workout in before I ran some errands and went home to clean up the condo.  I took a quick nap #longweekendluxuries and got myself ready for dinner.



SIDE SLIT TEE  |  ZARA MOTO SKINNIES (SIMILAR)  |  NECKLACE



We hosted a dinner for a bunch of our friends on Monday evening--Marco grilled up a massive roast and we did garlic mashed, asparagus and two salads.  We asked everyone to bring their preferred drink and had a really great evening.  It was a perfect way to round out the long weekend.

SHARE:

2 comments

Unknown said...

The steak! The breakfast! While I originally thought that the fashion aspects of you blog are of the most interest to me, why am I always drawn to the food?

In love with every outfit as well! :)

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@586Rexford: ehehe thanks Cheryl! Your comments always make my day (and great feedback too)!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig